Photo Diary: London! Day 1&2

Tuesday, May 06, 2014
























As you all must know by now I way away to London last week! I'm so sad it's over already but it was definitely great- minus the being ill part. I think I may have taken more photos if I wasn't feeling so run down during the days out but oh well! However, even with all that I still have a mass amount of photos so I've divided the days up so it's not overwhelmed with text or photos!

On Sunday we left Aberdeen for Kings Cross, which we got to at about 5'o'clock. After getting off the train everybody was gathered round to make sure everybody knew where we were going just in case people got lost/stuck on the tube. With everybody sorted we headed of to Willesden Green! 
With being a tube noob I hadn't realised how fast passed tubes actually were but I managed! After quickly refreshing ourselves, Clare and I thought it would be a good idea to go for tea. In the end we decided that it would be easier to get the tube with our class/lectures and then do our own thing. After getting of the tube we headed for Frankie and Benny's, about 10 minutes later we realised we were walking in the opposite direction. With our bellies full, we just headed back to the hostel to get and early night and to recover from the journey. In the end our early night didn't really go to plan as we were interrupted a few times during the night by fellow drunken class mates. 

With Monday being our first day, our first stop was to the Design Museum. Initially I didn't find the whole thing wasn't very appealing to me but in the end it was actually really great! The Museum featured the Designs of the Year and pieces by designer- Paul Smith. Once we were finished there we went and got some lunch. Clare and I ended up going to a sandwich shop with some mad fast skills and a cute little shop. We sat and ate our lunch in front of the Design Museum watching the world, runners and the pigeons go by. 
In the afternoon, we travelled to Shoreditch were we visited the NoBrow Studios! We were shown the office in the back and then the storage/printing area. I am really devastated that I never got any of photos of this as I wasn't sure if we were allowed to and it was small. After visiting another little studio we were told by our lecturers that we could go of on our own but suggested hitting up Brick Lane and checking out the graffiti & the vintage shops. I've got to admit some of the shops on Brick Lane are a bit crazy but it was awesome. Afterwards we headed to Covert Garden for tea at TGI Fridays and had a little look around the shops. 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. That portrait painting on the wall is amazing!!

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these! You picked out some really cool snapshots of London. Love the artwork peeking out from buildings and that food looks delicious!

    Sophie | Onetenzeroseven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yeah I never realised how much of a buzz London actually is with the amount of graffiti there is. It's incredible!

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...