Coping with stress

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Like many people at the moment, I've truly been feeling the stress! With things such as my End of Year Degree Show coming up (and being stuck in a rut with it), plus the stress of deciding what to do with Universities and a few other bits and pieces I have felt it a lot! After getting a lot of encouragement to doing this when I tweeted about it the other day I felt it was something I really should do! So I hope these tips can help you out a bit too. 


Read a book
Ok, so this is like one of my main to go things for any set of tips- I even mentioned it a few weeks ago in my inspiration post. But it truly is one of those things that help me relax, especially at night when I'm having trouble sleeping. I don't know if it's to do with the fact that I feel a bit out of my head while reading or it's just focusing on something else but it always helps me feel better!

Speak to someone
This is probably the best thing to do honestly if you feel stressed out. Even if it isn't exactly about what's bothering you, just speaking to someone will help take your mind of things for a little bit. And if you do speak about what's bothering you it might help straighten things out in your head- either from advice from them or from just realising what's actually going on when you speak it out loud.

Watch a film
I've said before that I'm not one to watch films much, but every once in a while when I do I always feel better. Whether it's a comedy, disney, or a rom-com there's always something in them that just makes me feel a little less stressed out! My favourite one to go to at the moment is still Frozen but I just love it so much!

Create!
This hasn't been a major thing I have done recently but I've always felt so nice and relaxed after doing a bit of creating. Usually for me it's just getting my watercolours out and doing some random paintings. However, you don't necessarily need to do this, it could be creating anything from painting to making music to DIY'ing.  
Pamper yourself
Another thing that it really doesn't matter what route you go down, as long as it works for you. Personally, I love just even having a shower! I know a lot of people chose to have baths but I never seem to get round to it but I do feel a nice, warm shower can be just as good! Other things to try also include painting your nails, putting a face mask on or even dying your hair! 

These are my main tips to try and relax myself out a bit more, but what's yours? I'd love to hear what you do when your stressing out or just need a bit of relaxing.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Great post Lauren! I think I work better under stress - so if I'm hitting a deadline I just need to keep going instead of relaxing.

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so bad under stress! I like shut down, get really tired and just don't want to do anything (a.k.a today- done like nothing!). Once I get started with something it's usually fine but if I don't know what I'm doing, where I'm doing I'll be stuck!

      Delete
  2. This is such a helpful post. I've got exams coming up and I'm a bit stressed, so pampering myself and relaxing is what I do to feel better
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good luck with your exams- sure you'll do brilliantly! :D xx

      Delete
  3. I agree with all of them! At the end of the day it's just about taking a bit of time for yourself and chilling out :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, if I didn't take time to relax and then go back to what I'm working on I would literally just be stuck!

      Delete
  4. Great post Lauren! I think I work better under stress - so if I'm hitting a deadline I just need to keep going instead of relaxing.
    http://beauty2beautytips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, a lot of people seem to be like that as well!

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...