End of Year Exhibiton Logbook: Entry 9

Monday, June 09, 2014

This blog post is to share the designs for my business cards and CV. At the moment I haven't fully finished the letterhead due to the fact I've been busy with other bits and bobs. I'm also not going to include my promotional pieces just yet! But if you've been following me on instagram/twitter you would have already seen them!


To start this off I thought I would share my CV since I did share some development of it in my last entry. However, here's the rest of my development- again just a little snapshot of my messy art boards!
As you can see there are two CV's sitting next to each other here. That was because when I started out with my CV design I hadn't done much in the way of developing my branding. This meant I was literally working on a blank canvas where I had no idea what I really wanted to do.  There are a few similarities though- the logo in both are slightly similar with both having the hand written feel, the greeny colour scheme and the use of symbols and icons.
After doing my development though I did end up with the result on the left hand side. This I felt conveyed me in a much better light and seemed to show my kind of illustration and design as well. I have to say though, the introduction of using lines to look like a lined sheet and such was a bit of an accident as I was actually looking for a way to make it more interesting. I also like using my hand writing in this one because I felt that it worked well with the overall design looking like it could have been done on an actual sheet of paper.



The next little bit I want to share is the development of my business cards. The design for these does reflect the design for the CV due to the fact that I worked on both at the same time which I feel ended up with a much better result with how they both looked. I ended up with a lot more variations of the detail side of the business cards just due to the fact there was a lot more variations I was able to do since I wanted to keep the front pretty simply. 

The above designs was the final ones I decided on. I had been swaying between picking the this back and one in the development above (bottom right) but after asking for advice from people in my class and a few lecturers I decided to go for this one. I am super happy with the outcome and can't wait to receive my package from Moo! 

I hope you like my designs I've made and would love to hear your thoughts in the comments! 

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Ah Lauren, these look so good! <3

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore these! The colours, the style, the layout - all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design you've used for your CV, it's so eye-catching and creative! x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love this sort of work and i wish i could've went down this path, these are seriously sooo good, you should be proud! :)
    I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to enter, lots of love!
    jennifers journal x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your designs are cool! I love the handmade look and the typography! The illustrations are really cute too! - Becky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And yeah kind of look iwas going for! :)

      Delete
  6. Lauren! Love your artworks! They are adorable, cutie! x))

    Labina | Dear Labina Design.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...