End of Year Exhibiton Logbook: Entry 7

Monday, June 09, 2014

Another little update on my book covers! I have to admit I have slightly fallen behind with this but I will just share my kind of development of my designs on illustrator and the current design of them.



As you can see above, I have gone through many a few different ideas for each of the book covers. I tend to drag several art boards to the sides just to see how different ideas will look in the end. I also used quite a few references to get a better and more realistic look to the shapes/objects. I've also tried adding textures and paints splatters to give an older, withered affect.
I have also kept a minimal colour pallet- one of the things that has stayed consistent through this whole brief. I feel that minimal use of colour is more striking and is much more engaging. It also means that the book covers created, while not being by the same author or in an actual series or collection, the still look like they would belong together. I had intended this idea to go further with the spines matching up but due to the ideas of each of the different covers going of in different directions, this idea didn't work in the end.



I still need to add in little things like the bar code and such but that's going to be done tomorrow! I would also share the postcards but they are basically the same as the front covers for the designs I've done anyway. The poster isn't at a great stage just yet but I'll share that in a different update!

I'd really love your input on the designs so far! Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated! 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love how they all match, and I love the designs too! I haven't read the first book, so I don't know what it's about, but the designs definitely fit perfectly with the latter two. Especially like The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The first book is really great and it's such a nice change to the usual world war 2 type books with focusing on females who work for the war effort during the war. Thank you again! <3

      Delete
  2. Woah these are amazing! I really love the kind of dark/mysterious minimalist look. I definitely think it fits with the second and third book (no idea what the first one is), because they do have that kind of feeling when you're reading them :)

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it is a really great book- you should check it out!

      Delete
  3. These are crazy good! Very talented :)

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...