LiveMakeDesign Interview- Caitlin Ramsay

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

This weeks LiveMakeDesign takes form in a slightly different format- an interview! For this first time styling I've got Caitlin Ramsay here!




Hello Caitlin! To start of tell us a bit about yourself and the course you’re doing at university?
Hello, my name is Caitlin and I am an 18 year old (soon to be 19!) Scottish fine arts student and blogger living in New Zealand. I have lived here for nearly 8 years. I like to think I'm a creative person who loves the winter season, red pandas and chocolate.
My course at university is called a Bachelor of Fine Arts and is essentially creating art with any medium. We are encouraged to think outside the box in terms of materials and ideas and also to find out more about ourselves. I am wanting to focus on photography, painting and potentially design.

How did you first get into fine artistry? 
Art was the only subject at school that I was really interested in, mainly because I was absolutely rubbish at every other subject. My art teacher was really great at encouraging me and inspiring me. I didn't really know what to do after school, but then my teacher suggest doing fine arts at university and I just went with it and am really happy that this is what I'm doing with my life at the moment.

How do you normally work? Developing ideas, tools you use?
At university, we use workbooks to express our ideas, talk about our work etc. but I find that I am able to develop my ideas easier if I'm just creating my work. For photography, I use my Panasonic Lumix camera but hoping to get a Canon before I start back at uni. For painting, I generally like to work with watercolour. However, I do like to slip in a bit of nail polish here and there (such a nice medium to work with, not your average one though).

Wow, nail varnish!? That's a very unique medium. You're quite a busy blogger too! Why did you decided to start blogging?
I've always been interested in the idea of blogging and sometime during this year I came across Zoe Sugg (Zoella) on YouTube and then I found her blog and it just really inspired me to get started with blogging. I went into with no plan whatsoever which is very typical of me, but I think I'm starting to figure out where I want to go with it now.

What are your goals for the future?
First and foremost, I would like to do well at University and see where that leads me. I'd also like to stay committed to my blog, and hope that this goes somewhere - as I do really enjoy it. One of my goals is to potentially start a YouTube channel but that is still at the back of my mind at the moment. I just want to continue with blogging, develop my art practice, stay healthy and be happy.

Thank you for answering all these questions today! Good luck with your blog and university course for the future!

You can find Caitlin at these places:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...