im all open!

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

My god today has been a bit of whirlwind! After finishing college today and getting some christmas shopping done I headed down to hobbycraft to pick up more paper I've been using for my calendar. Unfortunately they didn't have- ugh!!


However, when I got home I counted up all the pieces I had- which was enough for 4. Then I remembered I bought paper a while back that was on a deal so decided to try it. The came out well! However, the feeling of chuffness didn't last long as while I was in the middle of trimming the first print out, I checked the rest that was printing. And to my horror the ink on a few designs wasn't printing as it was low! I was so gutted! I had 3 designs from 3 calendars I had printed that I couldn't use! 

Next when I was trying to set up my Etsy shop I had even more hassle! It wouldn't accept my card and I tried to get some help from the lovely people over at Handmade Hour and Handmade Nation, along with the people going along with #handmadehour trend. Luckily, some people informed me that I shouldn't have a problem but could consider checking out Folksy. So that I did. 
I set it all up and was really nervous about actually opening it as I wasn't sure if I had made it too expensive or too cheap. With all the costs that included with Folksy I was getting quite confused with everything. But after having a conversation with a friend on facebook, which she mentioned something about fears and having to complete her UCAS a light switched on. I clicked the Folksy tab I had left open for about 10minutes and instantly pressed the 'list' button. 
I was done! I could slightly relax. 
Although, this didn't last long! I posted a tweet that I had listed it in, and the retweets, favourites and replies started pouring in! Then I received one from Caitlin saying "I just bought your calendar!! I love it so much :)". My heart stopped. I stared at the words about several times till the registered in my head. I had made my first sale within 30mins of me making my shop and within 15minutes of making the listing. I started shaking, heck, I'm still shaking! 
All this in a one day, I am absolutely knackered! I will be needing to get the ink printer sorted though in case there is any other sales! But in the mean time I could use the college printers. 
I promise I will try to do a write up soon about my development for this just been so busy and everything.

Oh I almost forgot! You can check out the listing here: http://folksy.com/items/5090701-2014-A5-Woodland-Calendar






You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations on getting it all set up! I'm so excited to receive the calendar :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D And yeaah! I'll try and either send it away tomorrow or Friday! Hopefully won't take too long to be shipped to you!

      Delete
  2. Looks great well done you! I love the calender idea.

    Bethany xox
    www.fairybetty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! :D I had to actually do this as a college brief! Was my favourite brief by far that I've done!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. LOVE your calender. Congratulations on getting your first sale so fast. You must let us all know how Folksy works out for you long term. I am on Etsy and have often wondered about Folksy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, forgot to say that I am Dalmatian Mum from #handmadehour and I run fabrilushus. Will post your blog to my FB page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I only noticed this now! I'll let you know how it goes and thank you! :D

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...