Blogmas Day 11: Oh Christmas Tree!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

At the weekend, my parents took down the boxes of Christmas decorations! Since we had an add on at the start of last year, we now have two Christmas trees in the house. One big main one for the presents to go under and a second smaller, pop up one for the dinning room/conservatory. This year, I decided to decorate the smaller of the two!

With my tree, I kept it quite simple with a red/silver colour palette with handmadey looking decorations. All of the decorations I picked up after Christmas last year and my recent Tiger addition were popped on my tree. 

On the main tree, my mum decorated it with a similar kind of colour palette by complete accident and filled it up with all our classic tree decorations, plus new additions from over the years. My favourite thing about our tree is that every year since my 1st Christmas, I have had at least one decoration for Christmas from my parents. I can't exactly which one was for which year but they do hold fond memories. I love the fact that my 1st Christmas is still intact apart from part of the text being rubbed off. 

There's a load of other little nick nacks around our house that my mum has bought or been given over the years and they do give a lot more character. I have to say I do love some more than others- especially recent ones as they are a lot more contemporary and rusticy looking! 

How do you decorate your house for Christmas?

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. This looks absolutely beautiful lovely, I adore a mixture of old treasured decor and some pretty new pieces xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, gives it a lot more character! xxx

      Delete
  2. Your Christmas tree looks gorgeous! I always get ornaments on special occasions as well so then you always have memories!

    hellomissjordan.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's great to have them for the future! xx

      Delete
  3. You have so many gorgeous decorations! I love the fact that you have one from your first birthday up there too, that's such a lovely little memory piece! I really hope my parents wait for me to come home from uni before they decorate the tree this year, it's my favourite part of the holidays.

    Megan // Lazy Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad my parents decided that they would buy one each year, great little momentous! Aw you should just ask them to wait! :) x

      Delete
  4. What an absolutely beautiful tree! Trees decorated very traditionally are my absolute favorite. And the other photos are so christmasy and lovely as well. I hope that you have a lovely Christmas this year, dear.

    rae of love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a very merry christmas too! x

      Delete
  5. I love collecting decorations and adding them to the tree over the years, it makes it so much more personal. Your decorations are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! It's brilliant. Thank you as well.

      Delete
  6. Your Christmas tree is gorgeous! I can't wait until I can decorate our tree when I get back to my mum's place.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And hope you have fun doing so xx

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...