Sunday Summary 36

Sunday, September 21, 2014


This past week more than the past few has really been nerve wracking. This was due to the fact that by today Scotland could have been an independent country. 
I haven't exactly spoken about or mention the referendum on the blog just due to the fact that I know it's a touchy subject and one a lot of people have been getting fired up about. However, now that the voting has been done with I feel a bit more comfortable talking a little bit about it.

I have to say I was quietly hoping that Scotland would become independent. I know a lot of people disagree and would say that I'm stupid. But I honestly felt that Scotland, maybe a few years down the line, would better because of it than they currently are as part of the UK. So after seeing the results on Friday morning I was disappointed.

There have been a few people who have since asked if I was happy with the results where I've basically replied saying "I will be as long as the Government keeps their promises". By this I mean that the Government in Britain have made promises that they will give more power to the Scottish Government, which although it's not exactly the same as independence it is at least something. So just now I am waiting to see what action is put into place and to see if there plans do better this country. 

Elsewhere this week I've been in Uni 4/5 working days this week but still haven't really started anything major which feels really strange. On Friday after we were finished, Lauren and I headed into a bunch of Charity Shops and local handmade shops. I ended up buying 4 magazines, washi tape, a new book and something else I can't quite remember. 

So foggy tonight! // Voted for the first time ever today // So many beautiful leaves! // Finally finished another book this year // Bought all these magazines for 49p each! // Also picked up this book and washi tape!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I know people have strong opinions either way but don't worry about it, your beliefs are yours regardless of anyone else- I am actually a little relieved only because of the state of the WORLD at the moment it scares me when there's so much terrorism etc xxx


    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly, I was more worried because I've seen a lot of hateful comments towards certain people. And yeah there is! :/ I've heard that people think there may be another vote in the next generation possibly. xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm going to be doing a new post on the referendum later on (when my internet's sorted) but I feel a similar way, I really hope the government keep their promises but it's already looking unlikely. x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I've been hoping you were going to do a follow up to it since you wrote about it every few months! And I know it's such a shame. I've even heard people who voted no say they wish they voted yes/if they were to get another chance they WOULD vote yes. x

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...