Stuck in a rut

Friday, September 05, 2014


Recently I've been in a bit of a rut. The kind of rut I've been in hasn't really been shown on this blog in all honestly. But anyway, recently I've not been happy with this blog mainly due to the content.




When I started out I posted a lot of design/art related things and bits of my life, now it seems to be the other way around. After seeing Amy's recent blog update, I kind of realised that I need to kick myself in gear and make this blog the way I want it. The only thing is I'm not sure how.

With the posts I started out with, I got pretty bored with after a while. That's also still happening now even thought I've mixed up some of the features recently like "Found This Week".  I guess what I'm saying is I want this blog to focus more on the creative side of my life rather than the goings on in it. The only thing is I'm not sure what I want to post.

I was speaking to Charlotte earlier in the week and she mentioned about the Font Favourites feature I had done up until December. This was something I enjoyed doing but end up feeling a 'forced'.This is one idea I hope to run with maybe just not as often as before. I will of course be sharing my work I do at University too.

This post seems to be becoming a bit of a ramble. But to break it down, I want to sort of return this blog to it's original aspect of being quite arty/creative based. If you have any ideas that may be helpful for this blog I would love to hear them.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. YES just return to your roots and what makes you happy! I struggle with content sometimes when I have t decide what I love or what's popular xxx




    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say it's not that either kind of content doesn't make me unhappy, it's more I just want to include more creative content but not sure how! xxx

      Delete
  2. We all get caught up in tryng to please other people, in life and online. we only post a small percentage of who we are and what we do and it is hard when those interests change over time, or new things become more important than they had in the past, to focus on what it is we actually want.
    I would say as far as including more creative content, try and think of ways to make creating fit in with what you already do. Make Instagram style tutorials, if you can't face a whole tutorial, maybe just a before and after series, showing the products you used and what you created? share some designs based on your favourite brands, drawings or pages from sketchbooks? I always love seeing in to places that you would normally not get to see.

    I hope that helps sweets and I look forward to seeing what you create in the future.

    Just remember, if you want to change everything about your blog over night, just because, you are allowed, a blog should be your home online, you want to move the furniture around a little go right ahead <3

    Sammy xxx
    http://www.liveitloveitmakeit.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sammy! :) I think I'm going need to get my spider diagramming on and maybe see if that helps spark any other ideas! But thanks for all the ones you've mentioned I'm sure they'll feature in some way haha! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I would love to see some of your drawings or perhaps your art projects while in progress? If photography is your thing, some tutorials would really help people. You could even do step by step drawing tutorials!

    I hope this jump starts your imagination.

    Much love
    Peachy x

    *www.tro-unicorns.uk
    *www.facebook.com/TheRandomnessofUnicorns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely be sharing more work in progress once uni starts. In the mean time there is always my creative update posts plus all my projects from college! :) x

      Delete
  4. Hi lovely, it's your blog at the end of the day do what you think is right and what you want to do. It no longer becomes something you enjoy if you are 'forced' into writing posts you don't want to and the content will end up reflecting how you feel too. Stick to what you prefer!
    Love your font favourites, a calligraphy post would tie in nicely with that I recon :)

    http://fairytaleprettypicture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly. I have occasionally just stopped doing some kinds of posts because I get bored of them and it can seem a bit sudden haha! Thanks for the idea of calligraphy too, need to think about what I could do with that haha! xx

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...