Sunday Summary #34

Monday, September 08, 2014


 This week has honestly been really crazy. Last Monday was my first induction day down at Abertay and it was fair to say I was bricking it!


With it being induction week it was very stale and boring but it was great to meet the other two people joining the course in third year like me. When I was in the first induction part on Monday morning I really felt like I was totally alone in it and that scared me so much. Like going into a class on Tuesday this week being the only new person!? That terrified me. Luckily though, I met the other two in the afternoon. 
The rest of the week was pretty much filled with travelling back and forth to Dundee for different parts of my inductions. Although they were all pretty bland until Friday. We were put into groups with people joining Computer Arts (2nd and 3rd year) and were told to make a short film using a smart phone and props they provided. The whole idea and creation of it was so much fun and great to do. I've never really got into film before but it was a really interesting thing to do and I'd love to do a bit more of it in the future. 

Lemme know below how you cope with new starts, do you jump straight in and get to know people or do you shy at the back?

1/ Lengthy travels means lots of reading! // 2. Amazingly comfy new jumper! // 3. Part of the set up for short movie we made in uni today! // 4. Mr Skeleton taking center stage from our short movie! // 5. More new autumn pieces- love the knits!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I'm a superrr shy person but I love new starts so so much that they actually bring out the best of my confidence - like I think its super cool t6 walk into a room of strangers and anyone of them has the potential to be a new best friend :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really great way too look at it. I tend to be the more "ohmygod what if nobody likes me?" kind of person and you seem the complete opposite! Wish I was a lil more like that. x

      Delete
  2. I'm shy, so definitely prefer to not have new starts at all or if I have to do just stick to the back haha! It's great when you meet people in the same situation as you though, always makes me feel more comfortable about things :)

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah always a little easier! I thought it would be similar circumstances for college but it was all new students so that was ok haha!

      Delete
  3. Oh I'd have hated that too! Walking into a room of strangers is terrifying for me too unless I know what I'm going to say and have planned something! But even when I haven't, most of the time people are friendly and inclusive and it works out ok. It's harder when you know you are spending the next year with them and they already know each other. Wishing you lots of luck! Your new best friend might be one of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes definitely! always works out fine in the end! Thank you! :D

      Delete
  4. Sorry the inductions weren't really interesting but tbh I don't think they ever are but don't let it put you off, the short film on your smartphone sounds like a fun idea and doesn't discriminate if you don't have a fancy camera! xx


    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inductions never are but it's just part of it haha! It was so much fun, we only needed one smartphone with video so it was ok for someone like myself with a pretty rubbish camera! xx

      Delete
  5. Depends on the new start. Moving abroad, I jumped straight in, I was super excited and couldn't wait. But new starts that involve new people, I'm a bit more shy and take quite a while to warm to new people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting! I think I would probably be just as shy moving abroad as I am going into a new class haha.

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...