Wanderlust

Friday, August 08, 2014


This week I have to say I have been struggling and finding it hard to think about what to write about. After watching Alli Speed's recent video of her Contiki trip, I thought I would just write a little about something that I really want to do- travel!

I have always had this dream of travelling the world. Even when I was younger and I struggled to say "Hawaii". This year after travelling to a new places and going back to old places it has really made me realise that travelling is honestly something I hope to do a lot of in my life.

The main reason I love travelling to different places is generally because I love learning about the history of it. History was literally one of my favourite subjects in school and I honestly believe if I never went down the route to study design, it would have been history. I also want to travel to loads of places because it is really just so rewarding. Being able to interact with locals, getting to know what a culture is really like and being able to take all these experiences and using them in your life from then on is something that appeals to me so much. 

I realise this post is just a bit of a ramble. But in the years to come and the ones further down the line, I want to make this promise to myself that I will travel. I will make the most of my time in different cultures and different cities. I will make this happen. And I will travel to new places and I will appropriate it. 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Growing up I really wanted to move to Australia, hell I wanted to live there to be honest. I sadly had to make the decision between university or travelling, some from a working class background I didn't have the money to go on travels in my summer breaks. Hell I still don't have the money ten years later lol.

    So while I'd love to travel the world, in reality I make the most of seeing what's around me, what's in the state, within driving distance. Maybe it's because I still see myself as being new to the US that it's all shinning and I can please myself here.

    Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia is on my hit list tbh! Yeah I totally get having to choose between education and travel. I think you're so lucky to live in the US! It's such a wide area of land that has so many different things going on, would be great just to do a massive road trip there. Thank you! It won't be something that would happen like tomorrow, but I hope that it can happen some day!

      Delete
  2. I love travelling and it is my favourite thing to do - a lot cheaper than you think most of the time a well! It's a good thing to keep in mind, once you start you wont stop :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely! Darren and I were so surprised about how cheap it was to travel by megabus for going to Edinburgh! Great deal. x

      Delete
  3. That's all I want to do in life! Follow the sun with a suitcase in my hand! Hope you get to! xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmusevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh I know what you mean! Sometimes being so young and stuck in school sucks because it means I can't go anywhere :( xxx

    http://stripeyjane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm lucky though to have gone on lots of summer holidays though! xxx

      Delete
  5. I am most definitely blessed with itchy feet, I have to explore new places or I go a bit stir crazy! Save up and go travelling, it'll be the best thing you ever do :)

    hannah bee | from aus with love

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I hope to travel loads- also have fun with your move to Australia, sounds amazing! xo

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...