Dear August

Friday, August 01, 2014


Dear August. July has been absolutely crazy! So much has happened from Darren and I having a trip to Edinburgh, which resulted in our engagement to other bits and bobs. I've not exactly done as much as I have wanted to this past month but I've started working on things that I hope I will push myself to do more off. 


Last month my goals basically consisted of creating, going out and reading loads. I really haven't done as much as I'd have liked to with each of these but I've definitely done more compared to other months where I've mentioned these types of goals. 
Within the past month, for craft swaps and friends I've visited MAKE a few more times and made some necklaces. I've enjoyed doing these so much, especially when the person who it's for absolutely loves it!
I've met up with a few people this month so that is one point I'm really happy with! Even though it was only 3 friends over the 4 weeks, I'm still happy with that! Two of those were friends I hadn't seen in ages and it was just nice to spend some time with them. I've also headed to the Cinema a few times too. 
Now to my most disappointing goal this month- reading. I hate that I've literally only read one book this month and that's because I finished the one I started in June last night. It was quite hard to get into and I don't like just leaving it and going on to another. 

For August I hope to do a few more things. With joining in with Craft swaps and signing up to snail mail groups, I really just want to continue sending lovely mail to lovely people! I also really need to get into the habit of switching my laptop at a decent time. Through July without really having to get up early I've been staying up late, then finding it hard to get to sleep. It's such a bad habit that I need to get rid of and it might mean I get through a book a bit quicker! I've said this for months now, but I want to sell my own stuff. For this month I'm not exactly going to focus on the selling, but focus on researching on which companies/suppliers would work best for me and what I want to do. 

What are you hoping for August?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Great post! Looks like you had a very eventful month! :)
    Marissa Jamie : Faithfully, Marissa ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to set myself monthly goals. I'm so glad you got back into snailmail you are ace at it. I think you totally rock lady and I'm so glad you think I'm cool! Lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! :D It's a great way to try and give you a bit of focus for the month. xx

      Delete
  3. August is another month of a load of house improvements and DIY sessions and taming an unruly garden. Terribly grown up of me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you should just go out to a toy shop and unleash your inner child out!

      Delete
  4. Ah I was curious how you might find these snailmail and craftswap groups? I'd really love to do such a thing so if you'd point me in the direction of a link to a group or something that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sure! I've taken part in Hannah from Dainty and Ivory- that's a craft swap, find more details here:http://daintyandivory.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craft%20swap
      I've also recently signed up to #PostCircle which you can read about/sign up for here: http://www.thereadingresidence.com/annas-wonderful-postcircle-guest-post/

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...