Life // Why I love Autumn!

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Today is the first of October and to me, it means it starting to really feel a lot like Autumn!

I know a lot of people, especially among  those in the blogsphere has this thing with autumn- whether it's because of being able to layer clothes, lighting candles or drinking endless mugs of hot chocolate, a lot of people seem to love this time of year- myself included.

To be pretty honest, I feel like I shouldn't have been a "summer baby" as I adore Autumn so much more! There's something about Autumn that makes me feel so excited- much more than I feel when it's the start of a new year or the start of Summer. Maybe it's because Autumn becomes the count down to a lot of things and there is just generally so much going on in the first place! 

It's obviously very obvious that I love exploring places from the countless of photo diaries I have shared, including this very Autumnal one from my recent trip to the woods. It's also, if not more so, extremely obvious that I love creating and this time of year I feel like it sparks up so many new and fascinating ideas- whether it's directly linked to do with nature or because astronomy becomes a massive part with being able to view the moon and stars easier and for longer too! 

Although there are some parts of Autumn that people look down on including the new term year starting and the wet, windy weather that is so common in Scotland, I think I love Autumn more because of these. If there wasn't a "back to term" I wouldn't be seeing my friends as often. If there wasn't the wet, windy weather I definitely wouldn't appreciate a big hot mug of coco with marshmallows, a nice thick scarf or a snuggly night with my blanket in front of the tv. 

Anyway, I'm hoping that this year I'll be "documenting" my love for Autumn a much more than past years- I don't really know how this will be done, whether it'll be photographs (probably), artwork, or journaling it! But either way I'll try to share it on the blog so keep a look out!

What are your favourite things about Autumn?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I'm a big fan of brown :) My summer wardrobe is a bit hit and miss, but I seem to have quite a good autumn style... I also love conkers :)
    Ian @ http://www.Daddy-Geek.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yeah I get that! Brown is definitely more autumnal! :P x

      Delete
  2. I'm the same! As soon as Autumn comes I want to start creating all sorts of DIY home decor things! I love Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god yes! All the diy's for christmas and halloween!

      Delete
  3. I grew up in the UK but now I love in Sydney and I miss 'proper' Autumns. Cant wait to see how you'll document the season! xx

    www.mismatchedknitwear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh no! That's definitely something I'd miss if I moved! xx

      Delete
  4. I love autumn fashion, transitional wear is what personifies me and my blog caught between seasons. I live in the UK so although I don't like the weather I love being able to show my legs off but where knits and boots in the ootd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yeah that's cool! :) I do love being able to cosy up with layers!

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed reading this, I love autumn too! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...