Review // Tombow Dual Brush Pens

Saturday, October 10, 2015


For most of year I've had the black dual brush tombow pen in my pencil case and have loved using it! It is great for doing simple line work with the standard nib and even better for using the brush end for typography purposes! But the main reason I love my tombow pen is because it works soooo well with water! Half the time I show people work I've created with it they ask "is this watercolour?", obviously it's not but it really does give off that effect! 

Anyway, a few weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and buy the pack of 18 pens in the pastel. I really wanted to buy one of the coloured packs as there was so many ideas I had been having where I kept thinking that it would be great to do by adding some colour. 


So far my experience with the pens has been amazing! They work exactly the same as the black one (obviously) and I definitely feel like I have a good variety of colours at the moment. I've also loved being able to mix the colours together in a mass of different ways. I would list them but there is so many YouTube tutorials that will show it better than I can in blog post (this ones pretty good). Basically you can mix colours by touching nibs, on plastic like paint or by just applying them in the same area and then mixing with water or the blender pen. 

I've included two different illustrations I've created with the pens. The top one (geometric shape) was created using a blue and black pen and the blender pen due to how small the shapes were. The second image (flower) was created by layering three different colours (orange, blue and purple) and then mixing the colours together with water. Obviously both ways of working work well and there can be slight differences between them but overall they give off the same idea! 

So yeah, I've love Tombow pens and I'm pretty sure I'll buy another pack or even just a few more singles in the future to widen my colour palette even more. At the moment I'm in the need of more a red and maybe a dark brown? But I think I'll wait till Christmas for that! 
Have you ever used Tombow Pens? What was your experience like with them? 

Also I feel like I should say this in no way is a sponsored or paid review although I am going on about them like it is! I just love using them.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Oh my goodness these look divine, definitely on the Christmas list! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so amazing! Add them all to your list :P

      Delete
  2. Oh god! I can't help myself when it comes to stationary and these are definately on my wishlist!

    Becca

    www.QueenBeeBecca.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stationery is honestly the best thing out there! x

      Delete
  3. Ooh these look interesting! I've been meaning to invest in some pens to play around with recently but didn't really know where to start looking, so thanks for posting as I now have a starting point! :)

    Robyn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! I would definitely recommend although I think there's probably some other pens that I think you would prefer using for your art work but I'll message/tweet you! :) x

      Delete
  4. I've had Tombow pens for a while and I love their colours!! They're really lovely for shading and blending but since I do calligraphy, they didn't work out too well for me because of the fraying. Or it could just be me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing for sharing and blending- my main uses! But I still need to try using them for calligraphy properly though, not tried it much! x

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...