Creative Journey Tag

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Last year I was tagged in the Creative Update Blog Hop and I've been thinking recently about wanting to kind of create my own tag that would connect creatives again! So this is where the questions (and my answers) below come in! I thought it would be fun for us to all speak about how we started and where we want to go.

What are you currently working on?
Currently I'm nearing the end of my #Create365 project as well as just starting work on my Honours and Dissertation Projects too. But I'm also needing to try and get started on some person projects that will expand my print work range!

How did you get started in your creative "area"?
I kind of just found out about Graphic Design at school through doing one of those "what kind of jobs should you have" tests that you can get and since then that's what I knew what I wanted to do. But throughout my time in College and University I've been able to discover more of what Graphic Design is and why it is so important. 
But I feel like I should give a little mention to both photography and graphic art. For photography, I was always surrounded by it growing up. With my dad constantly taking photos while we were on holiday, for birthdays or other events. And once I got my own phone and camera I would take photos all the time. That was until I started to feel self conscious about it before I got into blogging. Now though? I do it whenever and wherever I can! 
For graphic art it's really only something I have started doing this year because of my #Create365 project. Before then I just appreciated it and wished I could do it too. But now I am trying to do it and I feel like my skills have grown massively in the past 10 months!

How do you think your journey differs from others?
I don't really think my journey into design really differs from anyone or is that unique. But on a whole I think I've been pretty lucky about getting into it as I've seen and known so many people who are discouraged by going down the art/design route by their family, partners and friends but I've never had that. Pretty much all of the people around me pushed me to be creative and go down this route that I really appreciate it.

What is the most important things you have learned through your journey so far?
I think the most important thing I've learned so far through my experiences has been mainly focused around being able to speak about my work and getting myself out there. Throughout my life I have always been that person who was considered 'shy' and I can't even tell you how many report cards stated that I "need to participate in class more". Saying that, I'm no where near perfect about getting in front of people and talking but now 1 on 1 I feel so much better about explaining my work in depth. 

Where do you hope your journey will take you?
I'm still not 100% sure where I want to go when I'm finished next year but I have some ideas. I would love to be working in somewhere like Edinburgh or London- somewhere that is just full of culture and creativity! I would love to be working for an awesome company or agency that are doing a lot of work focusing in print and (hopefully) doing projects about important messages but I also understand that I need to get my foot in the door first and these things are probably not likely straight away. However, I would also love to be doing freelance work more and continuing my ideas of producing my own designs for sale but again that will depend if  get round to it! 

I hope you liked this tag and if you end up answering it please link me to yours so I can have a read of it too! And lastly, obviously no Blog Tag would be complete without tagging some people so the 6 people I'm tagging are: LaurenRobynAmyCaitlin, Saoirse and Naomi!
Also those who join in and tag stuff with #cbloggers regularly, I expect you to do it too. :P

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This was so lovely to read, find it so fascinating reading about other creatives journeys. Lovely stuff.

    Jodie | www.atextileperspective.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! You better do this too! :P

      Delete
  2. Great concept. Loved reading the answers. It is always a good to know the story behind the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It certainly is awesome to know the blogger a bit better!

      Delete
  3. Hey!

    I come over from #BDIB on Facebook, and I really enjoyed this post. I agree with some of the other comments, that it's always nice to hear about the reason behind the blog as well as getting to know the blogger a little better. I look forward to reading through more of your blog!!!

    Love, Jenn
    www.thediaryofadreamer91.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for popping over and I'm glad you enjoyed the post! :) Hope you enjoy the rest of my blog!

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your answers! It's always nice to see what everyone else is up to. Thank you for tagging me, I recently posted my answers too! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And no problem, loved reading your answers too. xxx

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...