#Create365 // What I've learned

Sunday, October 04, 2015

So it's been just over 10 months since I started my #Create365 project and within these past 10 months I have learned sooo much! I have learned about ways I enjoy working on projects daily, how I use certain tools and way more. I thought it would be awesome to share some insight on the things I've learned and add a couple of the pieces I've done lately that I've not shared. 

Experimenting is best
When I first started this project it was really just a way to play around with materials in new ways as I was just honestly so bored and so unmotivated creatively. But from a few months of just trying a bunch of different things I now have certain tools I enjoy using and know work for me and the work I'm creating. 

Schedule it into your routine
Doing a yearly project is hard. And if you're like me and are in full time education as well as a part time job then your time is pushed as it is! But if you make time for yourself whether it's 5 minutes or an hour it is better than nothing and it gives you time to just focus on what is going on in front of you.

But it's ok to take breaks
In contrast to the point above, it is sooo ok to take breaks from your routine or from properly. creating something that day if you're not feeling it. There will be days you don't feel like doing something or you may not even feel well enjoy to do anything! I'm not going to lie, there is days where I guess I have technically missed as all I've done has been a quick 5 second doodle. But you know what? That's totally ok! And I'm fine with it as I know when I'm feeling better or have the time I can go back and dedicate longer to that idea. 

Have some sort of theme
At the start of a project like this it doesn't matter if you have a theme or not, it might be easier for you personally to have or not to have one but throughout a yearly project you will most definitely end up with one. For me I focus a lot on nature, graphic shapes and ideas pulled from lyrics/poetry/writing and it works for me. But for some people they may want to focus on animals, sport and colour! It is totally up for you and how you work. 

Don't get too caught up on other people
Lastly, don't get caught up on what other people are doing. It is fine to be inspired and motivated by other creators but don't feel like you need to be creating things on the same scale as them or that you should be dedicating as much time as them. Nor don't compare stats and figures because it won't help at all! Just create for the sake of creating! 

I hope these tips have helped in some way for you as they don't necessarily have to relate to doing a year long project! 

Oh, also has anybody got suggestions about where I could post all my creations from the year? I want to be able to share all of the ones I've not from the past few months but obviously doing that on this blog and on instagram isn't really much of an option now? Do you think flickr would be ok?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. This kind of project sounds incredible, I would love to have the creativity to do something like this daily! you've shared some great tips and your creations look fab! x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could do it if you put your mind to it! :) Thank you as well x

      Delete
  2. I love your pictures, they are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so much respect for your staying power as part of Create365 - I'm struggling to make it to the end of 100Days!
    I also love to see the development of what you've created, it shows such a trajectory which is so inspiring, big love to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! I'm sure you'll manage 100days! Just give yourself a wee push. Yeah I'm kind of blown away by how much my style(?) has developed over the past few months!

      Delete
  4. I have been thinking recently of starting a daily project to keep my creative every day. I usually pretty much suck and have never got to the end of a 365 ever which is a shame. I might think of a theme and set my own little project. Wish me luck!!

    Rebekah @0910Studio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It will be amazing for you, even if you don't manage to stick to it fully for 365 days, you'll still learn sooo much through doing it for a little bit!

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...