Creative Updates // 3

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

It's been a fair while since I've shared my last creative update or any updates that haven't had anything to do with my Uni work so it was about time I caught you all up. Over the past few months I've been kind of crazy with doing custom pieces for commissions and gifts and creating a blog design. I've loved being able to work on these projects as they are different from my Uni work and it feels good to work on something that is either: A) totally my own, B) a gift for someone, or C) a piece of work with a great person. 


By far my favourite piece I've worked on over the past wee while has been Charlotte's blog redesign. I'm not planning to go into much detail at this stage as I'm planning on doing a full write up for next week so stay tuned! But anyway, initially Charlotte was just needing some illustrations for the header but it ended up evolving and becoming a full header design/illustration plus a new side bar image and new blog button. Charlotte was so great to work with and I would honestly love to work with her again in the future.

I already shared these in a little update about adding them to my folksy shop but here they are again! I have to say I am quite disappointed in myself for not having added more designs yet but it has been hectic and I would really just need a day to sit down by myself and sketch them all out and have time to digitize them then go to a laser cutter. However, these aren't the only laser cutter designs I have done recently... yes I'm obsessed with laser cutting but it is amazing!

 I created this necklace a while back for part of the DICraftSwap. That months theme was Disney and I ended up choosing a quote from the film Beauty and The Beast because my partner loved it. This is the second Disney piece I have made and I would love to make more but yano, copyright and all that!

This next piece was a commission for Jessica from Blonde of Carbs. She had asked for a design that had something relating to fries. Obviously whenever most people hear the word 'fries' you think of fries that you get from the likes of McDonald or Burger King in their little paper bags. From this I decided to go along with this idea and because the bag looked quite plain, added some text.

My most recent piece was one for Hannah, or also known as Cupcake Mumma. This piece was made as part of the package I sent to her with the Halloween Gift Swap she set up last month. I was really worried that the ring wouldn't fit her once she received it but it does so it's all good! I did have a few other 'spooky' Halloween designs that didn't work out so well so I'll work on them before next year and then who knows, might see them on Folksy!

I think that's all my creativity stuff to share for this time, there have been a few other pieces for other swaps but I haven't photographed them! Until next time! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love those necklaces! You're really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You've made my day <3

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...