Creativity // What 'is' my art?! {#CrazyRebelliousArt: Day 1}

Sunday, November 01, 2015

Hello! I can't believe it's November now! It doesn't seem real does it? Anyway this month I'm going to be attempting (again) to do a blog challenge for the month but this time it's the first year of this challenge. Set up by Judia of A Crazy Life and Brittany of Rebel Lux they have aimed to create 30 prompts that are more directed to those of us who are more creative bloggers. If you'd like to get involved as well you can join the event and find out more info at their FaceBook event here, or search up #crazyrebelliousart on twitter!

Anyway, the first topic of the month is based around what kind of art I do and why I'm passionate about it. But this is such a big topic in itself without even getting into thinking about design or photography as well! 
On a whole, I guess my "art" or what I've been creating in the later part of this year that's been part of my 365 project has revolved around nature, cultures and symbols in basic terms. Most of this has been in my sketchbook although I really want to take it out of there and actually make something physical with it. Like maybe engraved necklaces or even just prints? But idk! 

I find it weird to say I'm passionate about this artwork cause I guess I am actually but it still feels like a surreal idea considering I have been more immersed in the idea of just creating something daily. But anyway, I do it because I like it. But that's a really boring sentence isn't it? I guess I've been drawn to draw certain things constantly like mandala's or geometric shapes due to doing Graph Com back in School which was more like architectural and product design drawings but I loved creating things with circles and angles and that's really been a big part of what I do now. 

I'm still growing and so is the artwork I'm producing so these are just starting thoughts and ideas really. There's still so many directions I want to push my work towards that I think if I get myself in gear and start practicing the things I want to try (like portraiture) then my work will get more dimension. 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I agree with finding it weird to say that you're passionate about it! I love drawing nature and symbols like you (btw, that mandala is gorgeous) but a big part of it is because I think it's pretty haha.

    eastofsiam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SOO weird! :| Nature & symbols are so great to draw though! They're simple but complex and it's amazing. Also thank you about the mandala, I think it needs a little more around the edge looking back at it now though! x

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Are you doing an art a day? I should do that! It would be a good challenge. Maybe we'll do that next year. Great post! Thanks for the link love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and yes I am! I just don't get round to post/sharing it much now. You should definitely try it, even if it's just for a month or the #100daysof... challenge! x

      Delete
  3. Pretty drawings! I could almost see them in a coloring book or as tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! (That is the dream a little bit tbh!)

      Delete
  4. This looks like such a fun idea and I'm excited to see what you'll come up with throughout the month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your works fantastic. Its something I can see myself being asked to model on one of my fashion based shoots. Keep up the amazing work!

    Umber x
    Www.umberphoenix.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...