Creativity // Getting into hand lettering {#CrazyRebelliousArt: Day 2}

Monday, November 02, 2015

The topic for Day 2 of #CrazyRebelliousArt is "How did you get into your field?" but I kind of covered this topic a few weeks ago when I shared the Creative Journey tag so I feel it's a bit repetitive to speak about it again, so instead I'm speak about how I've been getting into hand lettering recently.

Well, I say I've been getting into hand lettering but it's a bit more than that. Over the years I've obviously loved using letter forms, fonts and quotes in different areas of my work but I've never really tried to draw them myself. And the other week after getting a little inspiration for creating a typographic piece and also being inspired by Polly (of sighh.co) with her amazing typographic designs I had to try and do some for myself!

So I've added a few photos* of some of the things I've been working on- some I still need to finish because I couldn't think of how the letters should connect (I'm looking you, 's' in escape). But I've also got other quotes and little sayings (?) that I want to try too. Saying that though, do leave below your favourite quotes or sayings because I do need more practice of doing different styled layouts! And I want to try and do something with them at some point but we'll see...

*I thought I better just say I do realise that it looks rediculous and not much sense that some of these are incomplete and one simply just says "Wake up and smell", but all will be revealed in due course!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Wow I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to do hand lettering, but every time I try it looks so horrible. Any tips? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I bet it looks fine! I'll send you a message with some things that have worked for me :) x

      Delete
  2. I would've never thought you were into this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh really, how come!? I've always loved to draw letters but not to this extent.

      Delete
  3. You've really got the hang of it by the looks of things, Lauren! I love how you lettered 'pumpkin spice' :)

    Robyn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks, means a lot since you're so great at it as well! x

      Delete
  4. These look so great! I love hand-lettering too but I've never managed to successfully create my own, haha. Can't wait to see more like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! Give it a go again, never know what might happen! ;)

      Delete
  5. i find lettering SO hard i think its because i have wobbly hands but yours look great!

    Hannah at HNNHVNBLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm sure it look superb anyway! Embrace the wobbly hands :D

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...