#Create365 // My Process {#CrazyRebelliousArt: Day 7}

Saturday, November 07, 2015

For today's #CrazyRebelliousArt the topic is to speak about our process for a current project. I'm still not really in a place with uni work were I want to talk about it so I thought what else can I speak about, and obviously that's my #Create365 project!

My 'process' for creating whatever it is I'm doing that day depends on what I'm in the mood to do, what the time is and what tools I have near/available at the moment. But in general I follow a pretty standard direction. 

In the past few months I've started my little process using the small notebook shown in the photo above to do some little doodles of ideas that have been in my mind. I also use this little notebook/sketchbook when I am at work or just out in public and draw any random shapes, patterns or graphics that I see and find interesting. A lot of the time there will be people who could be wearing or carrying something that sparks an idea in my head and I just need to quickly get it down in that moment!


If I've done a little doodle in the book above, I would obviously go on into my Moleskine or I would be starting straight from there. Once I get into my moleksine I tend to sketch out my ideas first using a pretty standard mechanical pencil. Also for some illustrations I need to use a compass, set square or ruler to make certain shapes/measure sizes so these are usually used at the start too. 

After drawing out my illustration, piece of lettering or even ocassionally making a collage I then go on to do the inking of the artwork. Again what tools I use here depends on what I've drawn. Usually it will mean using a combination of my Micron Pens but I also use my Tombow Pens, Sigma Pen, one of my white pens (if I'm drawing on non-white paper or going over the topic of coloured work) or my other pens like Promarkers. 

So yeah, my process for creating my #Create365 stuff is pretty simple but it takes sooo much time I'm not even joking! Usually no matter what I'm doing, I will take at least an hour from start to finish in my Moleskine. But that may just be because I can be a bit of a perfectionist and plus I get distracted pretty easily, whether that's from my cup of tea sitting beside me, watching some show (been watching Reign this week, it's amazing!), or someone chatting to me. 

What's your process for creating your work?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I know sometimes it's hard because of commitments, but I'm a firm believer in getting lost in the creative process. I like to ignore the clock, maybe turn on some music or white-noise depending on what I'm creating and just go with the flow.

    I haven't created enough lately and it's been playing on my mind. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely a big part for me too! It's usually why I like to actually get right into things in the evenings! I love listening to some relaxing indie-rock or an inspiring podcast too! Hope you get back to the creating soon!

      Delete
  2. I am easily distracted so trying to be creative when my mind wanders is a bit of a challenge but I have learned my mini distracts work towards the end goal so I tend to keep a lot of vision boards with idea that I add to for inspiration.

    www.itsallbee.com

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...