Final Uni Project // Communication & Interaction

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

As I mentioned last week, I've been planning on sharing my Final Uni Coursework from this semester, well, the coursework I can share. I'm actually only going to have two projects to share but the second one I'll speak about is a bit broader in the stuff I did for it. But anyway, first up is my Communication & Interaction work

So a little brief background to this; for this module, you had to take some sort of book or published work and make it interactive. I, at last minute, decided to choose a book about Zodiacs! From this I decided to go with quite a simple concept of being able to select on different illustrations representing a Zodiac. The main difference with my take on this project to those already similar out there for it was that my illustrations were of animals that either already represented or were 'ruled' by their sign. I did this because a lot of the time Zodiacs are created and illustrated in a way to appeal to females and felt this way of working would also appeal to males. 

Anyway onto the project, obviously since it is an interactive project I can't really share it to allow you all to play around with it but I can show you some screen shots of it instead! 
As I said it uses illustrations instead of text and follows the continuous cycle of Zodiacs starting at the top with Aries. There are a good few of the illustrations I really wanted to work on more but there just wasn't the time. For when I did create the illustrations I followed me favourite new way of doing things; painting/drawing it out first in my sketchbook then scanning and altering the image in Photoshop! So yep, all the illustrations are hand drawn (let's say that's why the look funny). 
Either way I hope you liked this little project! I'll show part (maybe all) of my Creative Research tomorrow! 

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. This all looks so great! The illustrations are really lovely :)

    Sophie | Dreams and Colour Schemes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO GOOD, really hope you get a good mark for it!

    Michelle
    michellegleaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I hope I do too :P

      Delete
  3. Beautiful project. I would love to have illustrations like these up on my wall as posters. I really adore astrology, can't wait to see more of it, especially the Aries one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :D Maybe some day I'll actually make them all available! :) x

      Delete
  4. I love the illustrations, I'm a virgo and this pretty much hit the nail on the head, especially now I'm on the road to health and fitness :)x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah most astrology really does hit the nail on the head, I know it does for me! x

      Delete
  5. I like the design for it. The colors are great and so are the sketches!

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Really nice!

    I'm a Scorpio, btw.

    xo Kisty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Nice to hear, do you feel you first 'scorpio' well?

      Delete
  7. It looks great! I really love how the illustrations look against the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tbh the colour of the illustrations actually changed due to a comment from a class mate- originally they were going to be black! :')

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...