Exciting News & Amazing Opportunities

Friday, May 08, 2015

I just wanted to share a quick little 'update' for today's post. Mainly the reason being is that at the end of this month, the 27th to be exact, I'm going to be having some of my own work displayed at the Space Club in Argyle House to do with the 4 week long exhibition, 'Wednesday's Girl'. 

The date I'm going to have stuff shown is actually the last date throughout the series of exhibitions but I will still share photos from it on this blog afterwards. It's a really exciting opportunity for me as the only exhibitions I have ever done were those that were held within the College so this will be really my first proper 'real-life' exhibition! I'm kind of terrified because it's not even that close to home as it's in Edinburgh. But it is a huge opportunity and will hopefully, end up being some sort of push within this area! 

At the current moment I'm not 100% on what work I'm actually going to have displayed. I know it's going to be work that will be in-line with my #Create365 project  but I've been debating between having some of my favourite illustrated blown up and printed to either A3 or A4. OR coming up with newer ideas and just creating them at the correct sizes... As well as that I have also thought of possibly creating a wooden piece or two by using laser cutter and etching one of my designs into wood?

It's a lot I have to think about between now and realistically at least a week and a half/2 weeks! But I would love to hear what you guys think I should do? 

Also, if you're going to be around or in Edinburgh on the 27th of May between 6:30 and 8:30pm I would love if you could come along. Would be awesome to meet you all! 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ahhhhh laser cut would be super! I miss having access to one. Good luck and I look forward to the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're so great! :D And thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations lovely, how exciting for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool, congratulations on your first exhibition! What an opportunity!

    Sofie x
    itsjustsofie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Lauren! Such exciting news, I can't wait to see what you create for the exhibition.

    Sophie | Dreams and Colour Schemes

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...