2014 Books to Read!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

In my New Year Resolutions Hopes & Dreams post I mentioned that I wanted to read through 'my to-read pile' that has formed quite a bit over the last year or so. To kind of help and push myself to actually read it I've decided that I would share the collections of books that I have got to read this year.


So as you can kind tell I do have quite a big collection to read through. One if from a series that I have yet to finish, there is one that is a side story to another series- but I've finished that one!

Stephen King- Misery I got this book from my Information Systems and Computing Systems teacher back when I was in S5. It's one of those books that you're meant to pass on once you've read it. So I shall do that when I finally finish it!
Maria V. Snyder- Poison Study (Book 1) I've not heard anything about this book as I picked up on a whim when I was in Livingston during Summer last year. Let me know if you've read it and what you think!
Rachel Caine- Last Breath Like the last book I picked this one up from Livingston as well. 
Maureen Johnson- The Name of the Star uuuuhh.... I can't actually remember when or where I bought this from... It was probably Waterstones though.
C.J. Daugherty- Night School I bought this one after seeing a lot of people going on about it on tumblr and instagram- well I think it was this book

Alexandra Adornetto- Halo This was another book I picked up just because one day I was in Waterstones. It sounded like it would be good so I was intrigued!
Lauren Kate- Fallen In Love This is the prequel/side story kind of book that I've too read. I loved the rest of the Kate's Series and can't wait to read this!
Becca Fitzpatrick- Finale Ah the last book in this series! It's been such a great series so far and I really need to finish this soon so I can't waffle over it with a friend!
Julie Cross- Tempest Yes another random pick up! I make way to many of those kind of trips into Waterstones- especially when its 3 for 2 deals or buy 1 get 1 half price or if I just have vouchers.
Jennifer Bosworth- Struck This was on I wouldn't normally pick up but it sounded really good so I just had to!


Isaac Marion- Warm Bodies I absolutely loved the film adoption of this book so Darren decided to buy me the book as present!
John Green- The Fault In Our Stars Ok so realistically I'm falling very behind on the bookworm obsessor as literally everyone has read this! But I still haven't yet. I loved Looking For Alaska and cannot wait(!) to read this.
Tabitha Suzuma- Forbidden This book was one that seemed to be really popular in my local Waterstones so I just had to buy it and read it for myself.
Marr & Armstrong- Enthralled This was the 3rd book I bought on the deal while in Livingston
Will Hill- Department 19 Another book I normally wouldn't pick up, but I thought it would be a good read so I'll read and see!

Although these are my first "to-reads" for 2014, they are not the only ones I hope to read. Throughout 2013 I heard heaps of good things about books like Divergent and several other books. Plus I want to read all of John Greens books as well, so when I get these all done that'll be my next to read list. I also want to reread Mocking Jay before the part 1 of the film comes out this year too as I done that with Catching Fire last year. 
I'd really love to hear your opinions on any of the books I've mentioned below, and any suggestions on what to read after these!


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Wow looks of lovely books to get through! Some of these are on my list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah! Need to get started. And ooh which ones?

      Delete
  2. I really want to read The Fault In Our Stars!

    Caitlin | Oceanic Stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. My new years resolution is definitely to read more as well...so far I haven't started, but I will get there!

    http://www.loveamybecca.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Halo last summer and I really enjoyed it :) Sometimes with the dark romance genre nothing seems to happen until the end of each book in each series but there are loads of twists and turns in that book. You'll really enjoy it! :)

    justvenaagain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...