Life Lately: Valentine's Day!

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Last Friday was obviously Valentine's Day so that means the blogging world has been taken over by everything lovely recently- and that's not going to stop here either!
Since being together from May 2010, Darren and I have celebrated Valentine's Day every year, even if we have been a bit short for cash. Every year we get each other a few cheesy gifts and go out for tea at Frankie and Benny's. This year wasn't any different but for the first year we actually got to stay together for the night! I also surprisingly had something different from Frankie and Benny's for tea!


For this years little Valentine's gift for Darren I decided to go on a bit of a 'movie' themed hamper by buying and making little things that related with films and tv that Darren loves. I did slightly over do it but that was kind of because I didn't spend too much on his birthday and decided to put in a little extra for this instead.


After the great reaction my truffles got from Darren on his birthday I decided to make him some more, hoping they would last a little longer. Evidently they didn't last as long as that! I made the truffles with the same recipe as before but used the heart tray I got from the Something Sweet magazine to mould them into heart shapes. I also made a lot of standard circular ones as I made way to much mixture! I then popped all the heart truffles into a glass jar I had.


For the truffles I decided to make a little label for the jar which I will release as a downloadable soon! As well as making a label for the truffles, I made one for the popcorn I bought too. With the popcorn I continued on the 'cheesy' word play jokes that I had done with the truffles too. I also designed a little Movie ticket to pop in with his card.




This year from Darren, I was given the stereotypical Valentine's gifts from Darren which he's never done before. If you don't get what I mean then this includes flowers, chocolates and a little teady. He also gave me a little puzzle and a artificial rose like he has done every other year. Sorry for the really bad pictures, I only had mine/Darren's phone.



After opening all our little gifts for each other, we just lazed about for a few hours till we headed out to Frankie And Benny's. We had booked the table for half past 5 so we got the bus about 5'o'clock. At one point we thought we were going to miss our booking as it was about 20 past and we were stuck in traffic in an area there was no chance of being able to jump of the bus and just walk it. Luckily, the bus finally started moving and got into the restaurant just before half past. 
For our meal we decided to share the garlic bread and dough sticks. We both came to conclusion that we had ordered too much for starters as we were both still full by the time our mains came. For our mains I usually just have penne pasta with butter-yes, I'm fussy! But surprisingly on Friday night I decided to try the Oven Baked Chicken Parmigiana, which was really nice and I have made it myself twice since! Darren had the BBQ burger- which he has been craving ever since. Unfortunately, we never had desert as they were out of what I was wanting. I also tried two of the prosecco's that had on a promotion for Valentine's Day- the Berry and  After our meal we had a quick nip to the co-op and the went back to Darren's and basically fell asleep straight away. 

I hope everybody had a great Valentine's Day no matter what you were doing!
Sorry for this being a long post but I suppose it makes up for the lack of posts this week.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely Valentines day :)

    Caitlin | Oceanic Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww! love the truffle gift! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. I love the idea of a movie themed mini hamper all in a popcorn bucket. It sounds like you had a fab day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know, we were in this retro/american candy shop and I spotted the bucket like in the middle of January and bought it on the day in front of Darren! haha!

      Delete
  4. Aww this is such a cute post. It sounds like your day was LOVEly xx

    yecrad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...