The Book Lover Tag

Wednesday, March 19, 2014




I never really do these kind of posts but I always enjoy writing them! I felt this would be a great way to speak about my reading journey so far. I read about this tag through a blog I was reading from Sunday's #lbloggers chat. I felt it would be really interesting to do!

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? 
I remember being in Primary 7 and for some reason I decided to pick up The Suitcase Kid but Jacqueline Wilson. I can't remember why I picked it up but I do know that I loved it and it lead me onto wanting to read more! Then on, I've been a bookworm ever since!


What is your least favourite book? 

From the ones I've read it would probably be Forever by Maggie Stiefvater. I loved the series initially but by the last book I was bored of it! It took me to soo long to finish it as I just couldn't get into it. The only reason I continued and finished it was due to my best friend was a big fan of the series too!


What are you currently reading? 

At the moment I am currently reading The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez. It's not really one I would normally pick up but it's one I'm reading as part of a book blogger twitter chat!

Where do you usually read? 
I normally just read in my bed as it's the easiest place to. But I have been reading on the train more as of late and I also do love reading on a sun bed on holiday! Nothing more relaxing than that. 

Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once? 
I've never really tried reading several at once apart from in English back when I was in school. However, I don't think I could do it as I'm bad picking up all the information on a single read so I would be easily mixed up if I read more than once. 

What is your favourite genre? 
The type of genre I generally pick up is mystical/fantasy books but I am always look for something with a bit more 'heartfelt' reactions in it!

Is there a genre you will not read? 
I would never rule of a book because of it's genre. I would be more likely to put it of because I don't like the sound of the story. 

Do you have a favourite book? 
When people normally ask me this I do try and come up with an answer, whether this is John Green's, Looking For Alaska, or something else. But truth be told, I don't really have one! I've read soo many books but I've never really gone back and reread any. Something I really need to do!

What is the longest book you have ever read? 
Ummm.... I can't remember the name of the longest book I've read but I think it would be around the 500 page mark. 

What was the last book you bought? 
Officially the last books I bought were The Snow Child and The Secret Garden. However, to get around my book buying ban, I've told Darren that I don't rule out any that are gift given! So I've received a fair few from him recently. 

Do you prefer library books or buying books? 
I've not been to the library in years! But I used to go a lot. I really should go to the library more though- save myself some pennies! But I do love having my own copy of the book, especially if it's one I end up loving too!

Well, that's all my answers! I hope you enjoyed reading these and let me know if you have answered these or have any similar ones that you think I'd like to answer!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I loved Looking For Alaska too... it's so hard to pick a favourite book, though! Great tag, might steal it! x
    Would love if you'd take a little look at my blog, follow on bloglovin if you like it and I'll follow back! xoxo
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure go ahead! I stole it from someone as well haha.
      and sure I'll check out your blog :) xoxo

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...