Travel // Trip to Glasgow- Phot Diary!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Last week Darren and I both had our weeks of from work and so decided to spend a night in Glasgow! Neither of us had really spent much time in Glasgow before apart from the odd airport/shopping center visits, so we were both long overdue a visit there! 

We had the most part of 2 days in the City and spent most of it either visiting Creative themed places for me, shops and a few "geeky" places for Darren. During our time there, the Creative places we visited included the Gallery of Modern Art, Transmission Gallery, Glasgow Print Studio, The Modern Institute and finally, The Lighthouse! The GSP is definitely my pick for most inspiration gathered from around the places we visited but The Lighthouse was by far the most spectacular! With having a few different floors/exhibitions on as well as the staircase that goes up the old Water Tower and gives beautiful panoramic views of the city- definitely a must for any design/architecture enthusiast! 

Among our shopping sprees we visited the Princess Square, ST Enoch and Buchanan Galleries shopping centers but didn't really buy anything from any of them! Instead most of my purchases we from art shops including Cass Art, as well as an independent hippie/spiritual themed shop across the road from it. As well as these, we also had a look in GeekABoo, which is a definite must for anyone who has a bit of a geeky/nerdy obsession!

Finally, the food! I'm not going to lie we didn't go to many unique or one of places compared to what we've done in Edinburgh but we did visit to! The first we went into was the Once Upon A Tart cafe, which is so beautiful inside! It has lots of unique art throughout, with prints appearing on the wall and one wall being covered with a mural! The second was a recommendation from Charlotte, which was JellyBear! It honestly was amazing and if you have a spare minute while in Glasgow make the 5 minute walk from the center to grab a milkshake or snack and you won't regret it! Both of the 'foody' places we visited are soo Pinterest/Instagram friendly as their interiors are beautiful! 

What's your favourite places to go to in Glasgow? Also where have you been visiting lately!?

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. I have never been to Glasgow but it looks great. I love that mural of the fox -it's amazing! Lovely post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a place to go if you're on a mission for shopping or a bit of creativity. Not so much "relaxation" or history (like Edinburgh)! The graffiti in the city is so beautiful though!

      Delete
  2. Never been there but it looks like a really nice place :) Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! It looks lovely. Great timing as me and Josh want to visit Scotland soon - either Edinburgh or Glasgow! Will have to use your guide :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you should definitely go soon! I would also say go to Edinburgh ;) x

      Delete
  4. I'd love to visit Glasgow, it looks so beautiful! I went to Edinburgh last year (which has been the only time I've ever visited Scotland, sadly) and some of the architecture there is just gorgeous!

    Paris
    http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edinburgh is amazing! Have visited their for numerous times for varies amounts of days in the past year- love it! The architecture is definitely gorgeous, especially around the Royal Mile! x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos!
    I have yet to visit any part of Scotland, but I am trying to save some money to visit soon, as it all looks so spectacular.
    And those black shapes on that building have given me chills the right way.

    Erin | cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would definitely recommend a visit! It is a beautiful building, inside and out! x

      Delete
  6. o my goodness It's sooo beautiful there !! all the shops, the building... ugh to die for!
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos! I really like the 'good food' quote, it's so true :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd really love to visit Glasgow, love the architecture and the streets, also the cappuccino looks delicious!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should deffo do it! :) The hot chocolate was super tasty :P

      Delete
  9. Oooh Glasgow looks so cool! Love the street art :)
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  10. The street art looks amazing! And that Dr Who police box is worth a trip on its own in my opinion!

    Rach // illustratedteacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been desperate to go to Jelly Bear since it opened a while ago, I just keep forgetting to go in! I cant believe how many places to go and see I haven't visited yet and I live here! haha. Though I can definitely say I love Princess Square!

    Eloise x // www.mallowbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to just forget about places when you live there though! There's so much more anticipation and excitement if you're taking a trip somewhere. x

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...