Gray School of Art Degree Show 2015

Thursday, June 25, 2015

On Tuesday, my friend, Steph and I decided that we would head along to the Gray School of Art Degree Show to have a nosy at all the work on show this year. I particularly wanted to go along as I was hoping that seeing all the different work would maybe help generate ideas for my show next year whether that's my actual work, or how I set up my area or something else entirely! 

But anyway, we had a look round all the different areas of the degree show which includes; Commercial Photography, Communication Design, Contemporary Art Practice, Fashion & Textile Design, Painting and 3D/Product Design. Although I'm a design student and so should find the Communication Design the most interesting, the two areas that took the crown for me was the Painting and Contemporary Art Practice. These two areas were soooo diverse and left me coming away with so many ideas of things I just want to try out for myself! 

Overall, I really loved seeing all the different work on show and for the first Gray's one I have been to I really need to make sure I get to more of them in the future as it was incredible! Also apologies for no info about who the artist/designer was! In the whole scheme of things I got to excited to take notes of people, so if you know one of them let me know.

If you fancy visiting the exhibition yourself it's on till the 27th so there's still a couple days left! 

Next weeks vlog will feature some work that hasn't been shown in this post but in the mean time check out my latest one here

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love the little plant in the jewellery box and the blue/orange ink splatter piece. I know what you mean, sometimes I find the fine art so inspiring!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same they're basically both my favourites (apart from the illustrations). I actually wish I could go do a year of fine art as I think it would be so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Your images are great! This year is my first experience of the degree show and It was just amazing seeing all the work that had gone into some pieces. Love it!

    brokeblackbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It just gives you a true way of showing how much work is done and NEEDS to be done in order to create amazing work!

      Delete
  3. Woah, the show looks amazing, awesome pictures of the art too! I love visiting degree shows and its interesting to see what other institutions produce for the final year, so much inspiration!
    Jake // Maskingpaint.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I haven't even included every single piece as it would be crazy long but it was amazing. x

      Delete
  4. Ohhh wow, there are some amazing gems here, and I love those book/print isn't dead posters, they are right up my street.
    I still need to visit our universities degree show, but I've been so busy.
    Thank you so much for sharing these, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same they're amazing, totally want them as a postcard/poster! I wish I headed to more degree shows but just never got round to it :/ No worries!

      Delete
  5. What a cool show, love the third poster/prints especially the one that says "Panic, because that's what everyone else is doing", that is brilliant.

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they got a good chuckle from me too!

      Delete
  6. This looks amazing! It's made me really want to go to an art show now. Thank you for sharing the lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know! I really want to try some more 'expressive' art. If I was doing fine art I think I would definitely be doing a bit of crazy splatter/ink stuff right now! x

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...