Where Have I Been?

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Once again it's been kind of a while since updating this blog. The title of this post is actually quite misleading in all honesty. I'm not really saying anything about where I've been, it's more where my mind has been and what I've been thinking. 

Since having my blogging break a few months ago I've been finding it hard to get back into this. I'm not sure if it's just because I was away from doing it, and doing all the writing and specifically taking pictures of stuff for it and can't get back into the habit. Or if it's because I have so many ideas for posts that I basically feel floored from it. Or if it's just something else entirely. 

What I do know is that I need to have a think about what I want this blog to be. And what I want it to represent. When I started this blog up two years ago it was a place for me to share my design work and some inspiring things and I still want it to be that. But I also want to add my lifestyle stuff in here as well and that mix has been something I have struggled with for a while. 

I've tried planning and noting down ways I can have this mix with schedules or editorial calendars but it never seems to flow or plan the way I like it or want it to be. And from getting bored of continuously posting my Sunday Summary is why I've been needing a change. Obviously I've started over at YouTube with some vlogs just now which is basically a video version of the Sunday Summary which I think I'll enjoy more. But this might be the way I have a more of a design/creativity/lifestyle balance over these platforms.

Throughout Summer I do hope to get back into this blog better and will hopefully be even creating a blog for the Creative Bloggers chat/group. Some of the plans for the CBloggers blog will basically be about the lives of creative people, tips and other things like this so it'll be content I do want to cover but can't find the place for here. 

In the mean time though, I think this blog will be literally a representation of what's going on with me, my head and my life at that moment. I'll try maybe post 3 times a week, once being an 'inspiration' based post, another being something happening in life (kind of extended version of a part of the vlog, so like photo diaries), and then the third and last being current work; so mainly #Create365 and any other projects I get up to! 

Sorry for this post being a bit ranty/rambly I kind of just needed to get this out there for myself. I've also thought of possibly doing a second video each week on YouTube about things like my process, tool kit, some tags etc, so please let me know if you'd like to see this sort of thing?! 

<3 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I find that when I don't stress too much about it things come a little easier. I blog mostly to enjoy it and the moment I worry about it it's not fun any more, so I just let things take their natural course. Easier said than done and I'm only just getting into the swing of things myself so by no means an expert at all! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah I think tbh with the stress of uni and other things from the past few months has left me feeling unmotivated to do much else, this blog being the main downfall of that.

      Delete
  2. I think we all need to take a break from blogging from time to time to reconnect and find our focus again. I hope you find your blogging mojo returns soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking breaks is pretty normal, I disappeared for ages before I'd even really made a start on my blog! I like the sound of the new schedule though, and Youtube sounds cool and pretty different for a creative blog. Go for it, xx

    Unprecious. Graphic Design | Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I knoww!! I'm so glad you're back now though! And thank you, I don't really know where it'll go if anywhere but it's something fun to do just now xx

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...