Coping With Blocks

Friday, February 27, 2015

Recently I've been kind of feeling down about my work and been in a bit of a slump. I've still got work done, including my #create365 but I just haven't felt completely happy with it. But I feel that today I've started working myself out of it by doing things that have been working my mind in different ways and have really made me think about my work in a different light. 

#1 Getting feedback | Both this week and last week I had two presentations for two of my modules, mainly the modules I've been feeling a bit off with recently. Having a time to get feedback has definitely helped as it's been from people with fresh pairs of eyes.
#2 People with a kick-ass attitude | Mainly for this point it's just been watching and hearing people be extremely passionate about their subject and hearing how they work. This week I've watched the James Victore Bold & Fearless Poster Design video series and it has really made me think about stuff a lot! 
#3 Stepping away | Although I haven't done this fully with all work and all projects, stepping away from projects that have been making me feel a little suffocated and working on something else has helped me kind of procrastinate from doing it and in the process let me think through new ideas.
#4 Play about | Every week I make multiple doodles during the times I'm doing stuff for my #Create365 and in a weird therapeutic way, doing random doodles just helps clear my mind of junk and even just lets me play about with my materials in new and interesting ways. 
#5 Not looking for inspiration | I'll admit it I am a inspiration/research-holic! I will forever look through Pinterest, Instagram and tumblr looking for awesome things to influence me. But stepping away, reading a book and getting lost in real life just opens your eyes up to the influences and the inspiration around you. 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great post, and as I side note I love your planner! I'm awful at getting myself back on the creative bandwagon, but sometimes you do just need to take some time out and reconsider your direction, which I've definitely been doing this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- it's just one of the simple kraft ones from Paperchase! I find having a plain one keeps me more focused. But yeah I totally agree, some times you've got to fall of the horse before you get back on it!

      Delete
  2. Great points made and i can actually vouch for all of these!! Especially #1, i think sometimes we end up staring at our own projects for too long that we just get sick of seeing it haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly! Get so sick of seeing my stuf half the time haha! xx

      Delete
  3. Not looking for inspiration? well that's really interesting and I will definitely get into that. I agree with what you said behind it.
    Lovely post, Jade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some times if you go into things with a clear mind and not a specific goal, especially a replicated one, can give you abitmore creative freedom! x

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...