Design Feature | Reusable Bags

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Yesterday in Scotland, a new law was brought in force which means that companies across Scotland need to charge for one usage bags. This means that now if you pop into any shop like Sainsbury's or New Look you will be charged about 5p for every single bag you use. But what lots of places are doing, including independent designers, have been bringing in reusable bags. Today I thought I would share some of my favourites from across the web and stores


Ceridwen DESIGN - Typewriter Illustration Tote
I love this illustration, it's so cute!
Paperchase - Dreamscape Foldaway Bag
I actually already own this one and I love it. It's such a great size and the pattern is so cute. Plus it fits easily into my bag!

Frank Loves Betty - Fox Tote
The print on this bag is so cute and it has foxes on it too! How can I resist?
Gemma Correll - Negative Space
Probably one from lot's of peoples favourite illustrator! I found it hard to just pick one of Gemma's so definitely check them out.
The Co-Operative - Large Shopper
This one is obviously from a Supermarket store but my-god I love the type on this one!

What are some of your favourite reusable bags?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Such a good idea! I have loads of bags for life because my work gave me them for free but I would love some pretty totes to carry my shopping in x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty lucky then! My works had to reduce all the old designs but I'm not sure when they are actually putting them back out haha! Having a pretty one would make the standard grocery shop a lil more exciting too! x

      Delete
  2. I would never think to take a tote bag shopping in all honesty - I use them as hand bags! I will definitely have to start doing this though I think, I always feel guilty when I get home with a load of plastic bags. I love the typewriter one and the negative space one is really cute too!

    Megan // Lazy Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just in general most supermarkets reusable bags seem to follow the 'tote' style or even just the foldaway bag. They are so much handier and you know they will last a lot longer than the standard plastic (or in Primarks case- paper) bags!

      Delete
  3. I think it's about time we brought in this law, provided we can all remember to bring our totes to the shop with us! I love the first bag on the list x

    Cream Tea And Rose Jam // Pretty Honest Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that'll definitely be the one thing with most people. It won't be "I'll be one minute, I left my wallet in the car" anymore, it'll be "I'll be one minute, I left my bags in the car"! x

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...