Recent Inspirations #4

Monday, August 17, 2015

It's been a while since my last inspirations post so I felt it was time to share a new one with all my current and recent inspirations! Within this update I don't have any Blogs/Vlogs just due to the fact I haven't really been reading blogs too much nor watching much on YouTube! What I do have instead are tumblr inspirations as that's the corner of the internet I've been hiding in the past few months. 

Creativity
Portraiture- It's been a long time since I have sat and drawn people but I really want to start doing this again so I can mix it in with more of my own artwork.
Journal- I have just ordered a midori travellers notebook so have been looking for inspiration in ways to set it out. I have also got a moleskine coming to use for my honours project so journals are a big thing for me right now!
Anna Jane Seane- I do just love Seane's work but I also love how much detail there is within side this piece in particular. I also love the kind of mythical/spiritual vibe throughout her work. 

Style
Autumn Outfits- This year the UK haven't really had a very striking Summer so I'm looking forward to Autumn coming and being able to layer up and be cosy!
Colourful Dip Dyes- Charli (from Charli Marie TV) shared a review & process of how she made her hair colourful like this a few months ago but I still love it. I really want to do something similar with mine!
Rings/Suns&Moons- This is a bit of a different one for me as I never really wear rings but I've been seeing so many adorable ones as of late that I want to pick up! Also suns, stars, moons, generally anything astrological has been appearing in my life so much lately!

Food & Drink
 Cocktails- All I'm going to say is that this sounds amazing and I think I'm going to have to make a ton of cocktails for my 21st next year (if not sooner)!
Rocky Road Pancakes- Since my last visit to the Pancake Place was a while ago I've been trying to make my own versions since!
Chicken Ramen- I tried chicken ramen for the first time a few months ago and I've been craving it ever since so I'm deffo needing to try a recipe for it!


Tumblr
Nature- My tumblr has always been very 'nature' driven but lately it's gone a bit OTT! I'm craving the outdoors so much (ignore the irony), plus it's making me want to go travel a-lot!
Moon- As I said before I've been loving the moon a lot as well, but I've also been doing a lot of my 'creating' when the moons came up. 
Tattoos- I still haven't got me original tattoo design done yet but I've been seeing so many on tumblr and it's giving me loads of ideas for other ones I want to get done!


Other things
Music [own photo]- Obviously always an important factor but I've been using spotify lately and I've come across so many amazing artists and I've already been compiling playlists for using when doing Uni projects!
Design Books- Since reading this post by Polly, my design book has grown so much! They've been a massive inspiration and will help so much for Uni this year!
Mark Making- I've been looking at and watching quite a few videos that kind of encourage(?) mark making and I can't wait to try some of the techniques like this one out!

So that's it for this times inspirations! If you fancy checking out more of what's inspiring me you can find that over on Pinterest here or over on Tumblr here. But in the mean time, let me know what's been inspiring you below as well!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I really liked this post, it is so interesting to see what different people find inspiring! I don't have an incredible amount of time to do art either, especially out of college, so I used a Moleskine notebook to sketch in, and they are so handy to carry around in a bag.

    Holly x

    bisoushollyolivia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Don't worry about trying to fit it in, some times it's better just to take part of your day, sit down with your moleskine and an array of tools and just draw! :) x

      Delete
  2. I love tumblr (hi, I'm 14 inside).
    I love the inspirations you posted, I have just ordered a new moleskine too, time to draw!
    And isn't mark making the best? It's so freeing :)

    Erin | cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, I love tumblr to and I'm 14 as well ;) & Thank you! :D x

      Delete
  3. I really want to start my own little journal/design book as I think it would really help with my uni work and just feeling more creatively inspired in general, but I always forget about it when I'm out shopping! I've also been using Tumblr more recently, and seem to get carried away reblogging cities and cute apartment ideas. No shame.

    Megan / Lazy Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deffo do it! Even if you only work in it once in a blue moon it's so good to have for when you have loads of excess ideas that you can't use anywhere else or if you just want to try and explore something new! But when you're out do what I do and just scribble something quickly on a receipt/a normal notebook and look back at it later. Also yeah that's how I've basically spent my tumblr time too but with flowers and artwork!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this post, it's so different and I too have been feeling some sun and moon rings <3

    Jenny x
    www.oohhjenny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sketchbook [top picture] so much! and you really made me want to do colour dip dyes on my hair too... btw very original and creative post and so easy to read! thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to say the top pictures are mine but unfortunately not (thanks though). Glad you liked the post! Thanks :) X

      Delete
  6. Oh I love the pictures! The portrait, tattoo, photography/tumblr!
    Been thinking about getting a tattoo but I'm so not sure.
    Jade xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing right?! And tattoo's are awesome. It's an amazing way to add art to your body. xo

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...