Weekly Words #8

Friday, July 26, 2013

This week motivational quote for "Weekly Words" are "try something new". 

The reason for the quote being this one this week (and not just because I came across it while reading through a blog earlier in the week) is because recently, I've been thrown into the deep end of having to try something new. With starting a new job, I've had to learn a lot about how to use tills and the lottery machines and stuff like that. I also took a dive in with this competition a while ago of illustrating some characters for a children's book someone was making. Doing that was quite different to what I had done before because I really need to think of how I was going to keep a consistent style of the character throughout the different extracts of the book. However, not to my surprise the author went with another designer. Although it did put me down a bit, I realised that I've only been studying graphic design/illustration for about a year and still have a lot to learn. 

I'm also going to try and make myself go out there and try new things because generally I am really bad at doing that. Seriously I am probably the most fussiest eater you will ever meet! 

So hopefully I've inspired someone to go out there and trying something new, whether it is just something like a new food or to the more extreme- jumping out of a plane. Please do tell me if I have inspired you! It would mean a lot to me if I have. 

The font I used for this weekly words is called Peach Milk and is designed by Frederic Rich. It is free to use for personal work, but if you wish to use it for commercial then contact Frederic.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...