Geek Week

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

This week I am having a major geek out because of several things. These things include Catching Fire being released, the 50th Anniversary Epsiode of Doctor Who(!!) and -not going to lie- the release of the XboxOne! 

With Catching Fire being released on Thursday in the UK, I've decided to a bit of last minute catch up reading with it. I have already read the entire Hunger Games series but that was about a month or so before The Hunger Games originally came out last year. Last week I restarted Catching Fire and I've got to admit I'm soo glad I decided to pick it up and reread it! I had forgotten so many details from the book that I know will probably not be included in the film- especially one part to do with an Avox, I literally gasped by horror when I reread this part. I hope I finish the book in time of the 18:20 showing on Thursday night- but I should be fine! I've got about 100-150 pages left to read.

Next up on my week of geekyness is the 50th Anniversary Epsiode of Doctor Who. As some of you may know, I am a major Doctor Who fan. I started watching the programme by watching odd episodes when David Tennant was the Doctor and I've got to admit I fell in love with it. I started rewatching around David Tennants last season which was very upsetting. But I adore Matt Smith so it's all good! Since Matt Smith started Darren and I normally will watch each new episode together- with some exceptions. For the Anniversary Epsiode to have both Tennant and Smith though is amazing! I am such a fan of both of their Doctors and can't wait to see how they will interact together and what the story will hold. 

Last up in my week of geek is the Xbox One release. Now, I realise that the Xbox One is actually released before Doctor Who but I won't be playing one till after Doctor Who. Before I started dating Darren 3 and a half years ago (this Saturday), I was never really a gamer. I had a NintendoDS and played the playstation 2 when it first came out. But in that absence of time I wasn't much of a gamer. However, when I met Darren that changed pretty quickly to be honest. The first game I fell in love with on the Xbox was ilomilo- a cute, little puzzle game where you have to get ilo and milo back together. The next obsession was Assassins Creed- one that hasn't gone away but has definitely been put to the side since I wasn't much of a fan of the multiplayer in Assassins Creed 3. So I'm hoping Black Flag will defintely be better and spark my interest in the game again. During my obsession with AC, Darren and I discovered From Dust- a game where you basically act like God. I adored this game and can't wait for a sequel and for more puzzels! However, now on the road to Xbox One I'm more or less completely obsessed with Halo 4 Multiplayer. I initially only played Flood but I have also played the other standard game modes that come along with it.

That's it for my little geeky post for today! I hope you have enjoyed reading it and I haven't caused you to spaz out about the fact that all these things are happening this week!! Let me know below if you're going to be going to see Catching Fire or Doctor Who or if you will be purchasing the Xbox One. 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. The Xbox One is all well and good if you're going to use kinect. I have a 360 but the kinect never appealed to me, so we never got it. My boyfriend and I are holding out for the PS4. We don't use things like netflix and other random things, we only ever use it to play games like Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age and so on, so we figured the PS4 would be a better fit. Cheaper because it doesn't have the things we deem unnecessary, but will still deliver a good gaming experience. Especially since they've remodelled the controllers. Xbox controllers are SO comfy and the PS4 controllers have similar sides now, so that's all good!

    I used to be a fan of Doctor Who but I got kind of bored when Matt Smith stayed for too long. I think that they should change the doctor every two seasons or something, but that's just my opinion. I've not seen it in ages but I'm totally going to watch the anniversary episode! It'll give me something new to watch while interval training that ISN'T another Top Gear rerun I've seen 20 bloody times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know! It's my boyfriends Xbox One that I'll be playing with and he seems quite excited to being able to use the Kinect for flicking through the menus and the voice control. He also plays some games that only come out for Xbox so it's always been a better fit for him. I'm actually looking forward to the new controllers too! I prefer the new design for the Xbox One than the PS4 as I feel that it would suit me better than using the touch pad on the PS4.

      I get what you mean! It felt like Matt Smith has been the Doctor for ages, even though he's still had a 'short life span' than Tennant. I think it's just because of the fact that they changed the way they showed the episodes as thney used to be morepisodee split up with Tennant. I can't wait for the anniversary episode and I'm looking forward to seeing it in 3D- yes I'm seeing it in the cinema haha!

      Delete
  2. You read my mind!
    This will be my well deserved Etsy break next week can't wait!
    Love the Hunger Games.
    x
    Becky
    (Sketch-inc.blogpot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I think you definitely deserve a break with all your hard work for getting ready for christmas sales! It must be pretty exhausting!
      And same here, I'm at the part in the book now where they've just doused themselves in the water to heal their wounds.
      Lauren x

      Delete
  3. I am really Looking forward to all of this too, Not the Xbox for myself, but it will keep the Hubby entertained so I can get on with some crafting, Lol
    Sammy xxx
    http://liveitloveitmakeit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah! I'm really excited for Catching Fire & Doctor Who. Won't stop going on about either of them while working both days I'm seeing them!
      xxx

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...