Thoughts // Just Doing Me

Saturday, September 26, 2015

If you've been reading this blog for a while you would have known that for majority of this year I have been struggle with the direction of this blog. But I recently read Jemma's blog post about not having a niche and for some reason it's really just stuck with me. 

I love creativity. I love travel. And I love lifestyle posts! I realise these aren't drastically different from ideas and such but for some reason I've been finding it hard to have these actually be all mixed together and on show but there is no logical reason for me to feel this way? These things are things I'm passionate about and things I love doing and spending my life! So now I just need to do it.

But I want to be more writing about these things in more details rather than just passing comments or short posts. I want to share my creativity more like Naomi, Lauren and Amy do. But I also want to write about what's inspiring me and why more. And what places I love and why. I guess I'm saying I want to be saying a lot more of the why rather than just the what. 

I think there is definitely a few changes I need to make to this blog first before I am fully happy with the direction of this blog and how it will move forward from this post. Things including my blog design- both my header image and navigation. I've been wanting to change these up for so long now and I really just need to do it so now I just have to do it. 

So I guess this has just been a little rant about this blog and I hope (?) you've enjoyed reading it either way! I'm looking forward to the changes I make with my little space on the internet and I hope you do too! 

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I was a bit like this for a while. I love to blog about everything and anything so I decided that I just would! It has really helped me out knowing that I am going to do it and not simply stick to one thing! Good luck with the future of your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Glad that you got through it, gives me confidence that I can too!

      Delete
  2. Lauren, often taking a break will do both you and the blog a world of good. Especially if you're not sure which direction to take it. <3

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would take a break but I had one earlier in the year and I currently feel like taking one would just throw me back further tbh! <3

      Delete
    2. Hi Lauren if you ever wanted help with your blog I would be happy to help you, feel free to email me at annalisa.nuttall@gmail.com. I be happy to talk.

      Delete
  3. Well, it is your space so you can make it what you want it to be!
    I hope all your plans come to be :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren!

    I'm a bit like this at the moment. I initially started my blog as a way of documenting my work for my masters degree. Then it changed to writing about different aspects of design that I take a deep interest in. Since I've started my own designs, my blog is again taking a different direction. I just hope my readers can keep up!!

    You'll do what you need to do and gain new followers who like to read your new type content.It helps to have a navigation with the topics that you'll be blogging about. Hope that helps!


    Emma Jayne x
    http://www.emmaajyne-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm planning on having a better navigation bar at the top- has been something I've been wanting to do for ages now but never got round to doing it! Thank you x

      Delete
  5. Your blog, your content.. no niche needed. Just post whatever you love and like. when I click your blog it says Lauren :) I love that. & Blogging more about the "why" and not the "what" is actually a great idea.. Never really focused on that!
    Jade xo

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...