A Very Creative Birthday!

Monday, September 21, 2015

This weeks marks the first birthday of the Creative Bloggers Chat launch on Twitter. Last year I started the first chat pretty quickly after announcing it on my blog here. I don't actually remember what the topic was or how many people were involved in that first chat. But I do know over the course of the year that with creating this chat it has helped me so much and I think it has helped a lot of other people too. 

When I decided to launch the chat last year it was because I felt within the blogging community, especially within the Twitter chat world it was missing something for creative people to come together. But now I feel that with everybody who has been involved with the group over the past year a new community has been built that celebrates creativity in every way and I am so thankful for that. I'm also so thankful that throughout a few different chats people have said things along the lines of this community being supportive of each other and such and that means sooo much to me! 

Anyway, I didn't actually mean this post to be about how the chat has grown, it's meant to be about how we are celebrating the chat. So on Thursday (as usual) myself and with the help from Saoirse, we will be having a big massive Creative sleepover! 


The "sleepover" will basically work pretty much the same as a normal chat but  extended later into the night. People would be free to come and start chatting away anytime before the usual chat starts at 8:30pm (GMT) and I might schedule some tweets for people to interact with before then. After the usual chat finishes an hour later, myself and Saoirse will start up some 'games' for everybody to play- some may even lead to prizes but more of that later in the week! At the moment the games will include things along the lines of best PJ's (that's a hint for you to grab some new cute ones), who can stay the latest and the quickest to doodle something from a prompt set up. 

So that's the lowdown on the birthday extravaganza just now but be sure to keep an eye out over on Twitter and the Facebook group for more info of ways to get involved! I hope to see loads of folk joining on Thursday too! 
Also don't feel like if your blog isn't specifically "creative" or you've never joined in a chat before that you can't join in this sleepover! We want as many people to come and enjoy themselves as possible!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Oh crikey, I'd definitely be the loser of the 'who can stay up the latest' comp! Cute pjs I can do... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's all a bit of fun! I won't even be the latest due to my internet switching off!

      Delete
  2. welldone thats an achievement keeping it up for one year!
    www.mybubbaandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your first year, I will try and pop in to join in with the chat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on having your chat for one year, it's doing really well! Love the sleepover idea, I'll try to tune in, if I can stay up that is haha! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you can join in that would be awesome, even if it's just a quick "hello!".
      xx

      Delete
  5. This sounds like so much fun!
    I'm literally always busy on Thursdays for some reason but I'll try my best to be there! I feel like it's a big deal for us creative people :D
    Jade xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh no! I hope you can pop in for a few minutes :) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Well done on the first year, it's amazing how things can grow in the community x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It's been so fast and so many people involved now! x

      Delete
  7. I've not heard of creative bloggers chat on twitter before but I will check it out :) Happy 1st birthday.
    Sisley x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a relatively small chat so that's probably why! :) x

      Delete
  8. Cute and fun idea, Happy 1st birthday for Creative bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...