Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

In my birthday haul post that I posted the other day, I told you about the fact that I got the Animal Crossing Nintendo 3DS with Animal Crossing: New Leaf already installed on it.



I'm really love it at the moment! But that's not surprising considering I'm as addicted to this Nintendo I was with my first one.

The thing I really love about this Nintendo DS is the design. The design that is on this DS is illustrated with apples, houses and the symbolic leaf of Animal Crossing, plus a mixture of little and big dots in between. The actual design of the console I feel is quite similar to the original Nintendo DS, but that may be slightly wrong since I was smaller/younger when I last used it.

The graphics for AC:NL are very similar to the other games, the main difference being that characters are slightly taller so that they can wear trousers/skirts. Also the game play in this Animal Crossing is slightly different compared to the last ones. In this game you play as the new mayor for the town, as the last one has retired to an exotic island. The island in this game is probably the biggest money maker in the entire game. This is because it is summer all year round there and it means you can catch, fish and dive all year round for 'Summer' bugs and fish. From this you can end up taking your findings back to the town and selling them off to Reese (the most I have received from her has been around 48,000 bells). Also, the town layout is very different with this one considering there is a main street. On the main street there is the museum, Able Sisters (with an accessory store beside it), Gardening Store, Club LOL, Happy Home Showcase, Photo Booth, Post Office, Shampoodle, Nookling Stores and Nooks Homes. Most of these shops unlock after a period of time and after completing certain tasks.

As well as getting the Nintendo DS, I got a case for it. The case is pretty big and fits the coin purse I used for all my old games, two games cases, a spare stylist, headphones and the pen stylist. The only thing it won't really fit is the cables for charging, connecting to a USB post and the car charger plugin. So if I take it anywhere I just need to leave them loose or need to find something big enough to fit everything but at the moment it's not too much of a problem.

Overall I am very pleased with this present and can feel myself becoming more addicted to it each day.
Leave a comment below if you fancy meeting up in animal crossing: New leaf!







You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I always loved playing the DS when I was a bit younger... Maybe I should start again because that apple design is adorable. I'm a sucker for packaging though haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! And I know right? I was orignally going to be only getting like a blue or white one but then I seen this one and was like "wantwantwant!!". The games pretty awesome to! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous! I've heard so many amazing things about New Leaf. I've played Animal Crossing since it came out on Game Cube, and I currently have City Folk on my Wii. I kinda wanna get a 3DS just for this game. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had the original game for the DS and absolutely loved it! I used to take my sisters DS when she didn't play it and visit her town on it so I could get the fruit from her town haha. But this one is really good to! And the mini games in it are awesome!

      Delete
  3. You're making me jealous Lauren! I'm gonna buy this when I get paid or something hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm sorry Clare! You should to get it though! I want to visit towns! Still haven't been able to visit anybody, but I've passed somebody who has it with the streetpass on.

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...