#the100dayproject2018 // OhHay100Days

Friday, May 11, 2018


'Sup! It's been a while hasn't it? Nevermind... Since my last post, I've definitely had a hectic 2months with getting settled in our new flat, as well as family visits and events. But the one thing that's probably kept me most occupied for the last few weeks is this years edition of #the100dayproject. 

Now I've attempted the project in both 2016 and 2017 and I also tried a #Create365 in 2015. If you've been following me for a bit you know that each of these challenge I didn't finish so why try again? 

The one thing I enjoy the most about these projects and what I learn from them is what I enjoy creating and new ways to use that creative output. Like last year I've given myself quite a simple focus to work towards with the 'goal', essentially, just to think more about how to work or create things in an editorial way that is also humorous, depicts my actual life and shares some tidbits about being a creative/designer. 

This year I also decided to play with one thing I would often stay away from, something I never felt was my strong suit- illustrating people. Or to be more advantageous (I guess?), the person I've been illustrating is myself! *insert shock, horror, disbelief* But actually so far it's gone really well. Although I still have difficulty with drawing things like hands it's been fun to think up concepts to illustrate out. 



One thing that's also driven me to illustrating myself is that being surrounded by magazines and editorial pieces at work, seeing how an illustration takes an article to life has inspired me. It's made me want to work towards doing things like that more whether it's from a typographic or illustrative point of view. And although I do have one lettering piece published in a magazine, I definitely have a lot to learn and experiment with still so I look forward to exploring these more throughout the challenge. 


At this point I'm only about 1/4 of the way through my project, so I'm a few weeks behind but I'm not letting that bother me either. In past years I've gotten caught up in being behind everyone else and feeling like I need to *perfectly* upload once a day. But the reality is it isn't always possible especially when you're working full time and having to do household things like making tea and doing loads of washing when you get home. So the truth is, I'm going to take it at my own pace and if it means I finish a few weeks later then that's fine by me.



I've dropped a few of my favourites so far form the project in this post so hopefully you've enjoyed seeing them. But if you fancy seeing the entire set, you are definitely better checking my instagram @LaurenGemmaHay or my 100 days tag which is #OhHay100Days.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...